apShaper is an audio effect plugin to add harmonic distortion to audio signals. It combines a waveshaper with three filter bands and various modulation options – two LFOs, a dynamics detector, and user-configurable knobs. apShaper can simulate multiple types of distortion, including tape and tube saturation, wave folding, and analog bit crushing. The three filter bands offer high-quality filtering without high-frequency squeezing. The variable-slope low-pass filter type provides smooth slopes not possible with traditional filtering – ideal to gently shape signals with large amounts of distortion applied. Multiple tone control types modelled after classic circuits allow classic bass/mid/treble tone shaping.
– Demo version! Download and try in demo mode.
– Five high-quality waveshaping engines: harmonic, tube, saturation, steps, wavefold.
– Extremely low aliasing.
– Three multi-type filters can be applied before and/or after waveshaping.
– Four types of guitar amp tone stack simulations included.
– Multiple types of saturation soft-knee: tape, classic, distortion and hyper.
– The steps engine allows continous adjustments of the number of bits.
– The wavefold engine provides symmetrical and asymmetrical user-editable breakpoints.
– The variable-slope low-pass filter type is ideal to use with harmonic distortion products.
– The direct channel can be independently filtered and dry/wet mixed with the shaped sound.
– Graphical editing of filter parameters on the spectrum display.
– macOS 10.9 or newer on an Intel or Apple Silicon CPU (64-bit only).
– Window Vista or newer (64-bit & 32-bit supported).
– A host application compatible with AudioUnits or VST2/3 plugins or Pro Tools (>10.3.5, AAX)