Another must have plugin if you use Final Cut Pro! Enjoy.
Today, 12 November Apple has updated all the pro video and audio apps. Final Cut Pro updates 10.5, Motion to 5.5 and Compressor to 4.5. A few new features for FCP, but all will now run on Apple silicon! We list ALL the new features. With Big Sur out, it wasn’t going to be long before the pro apps got their huge dual binary update so they could run on the new Apple silicon. Motion is a software application produced by Apple Inc. for their Mac OS X operating system. It is used to create and edit motion graphics, titling for video and film production, and 2D and 3D compositing for visual effects. The Motion interface has been redesigned specifically for Final Cut Pro editors, with a familiar look and feel that makes it easy to switch between the two applications. A new single-window layout puts all the tools you need at your fingertips, and redesigned icons make it easy to identify options at glance. The darker look of the new interface is designed to enhance color perception as you work with any combination of video, stills, and motion graphic elements. Many filters now include onscreen controls for direct, intuitive manipulation of effects. And keyframe editing is much more accessible thanks to a new view that displays the Keyframe editor below the timeline.
Designed for video editors, Motion is a powerful motion graphics tool that makes it easy to create cinematic 2D and 3D titles, fluid transitions, and realistic effects in real time.
2D and 3D Titles
• Import 360° media and design 360° titles, generators, and effects
• Build 3D titles from scratch, design them with easy-to-use templates, or instantly convert any existing 2D title to 3D
• Easily create beautiful titles that you can animate using more than 100 drag-and-drop behaviors and intuitive text animation tools
• Customize 3D titles to create endless looks with over 90 Apple-designed 3D materials including metal, wood, and stone surfaces
Motion Graphics for Final Cut Pro
• Save any title, effect, transition or generator and access it directly in Final Cut Pro
• Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects, and transitions by opening them in Motion
• Create Motion Templates with any combination of single parameters and rigs, that let you control a group of parameters with a slider, pop-up menu, or checkbox in Final Cut Pro
• Use Display Aspect Ratio snapshots to create templates that support multiple aspect ratios
• Choose from more than 230 behaviors for natural animation without keyframes
• Use advanced color grading filters like the color wheels, color curves and hue/saturation curves
• Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the Keying filter
• Create your own paintbrushes and 3D strokes or use one of 140 brush presets
• Design your own particle emitters or choose from 200 presets for real-world effects like smoke and sparkles
• Use professional masking tools to quickly draw and adjust control points for rotoscoping
• Use the intuitive keyframe tools for precise control of the timing of your animation
• Add the Tiny Planet filter when adding 360º video to a non-360° project to create amazing effects
• Harness an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins for tasks like advanced tracking, advanced motion graphics, and more
• Transition from 2D to 3D space by adding cameras
• Create 3D scenes within a 360° project for ultra-realistic 360° environments
• Set up realistic shadows that animate dynamically with the movement of cameras and lights
• Turn any shape, video plane, or paint stroke into a reflective surface in 3D space
• Import third party USDZ objects or use one of 60 premade objects in the Motion Library
Breakthrough Speed, Quality, and Output
• Import wide color HDR images, view them on supported Mac computers, and export in standard Rec. 709 or wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
• Export projects in multiple formats in the background using Compressor Bundles
– macOS 10.15.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 4.7GB of available disk space (3.5GB app, 1.2GB supplemental content).