This course is a comprehensive guide to using any synthesiser to design your own unique sounds for music production. In this course, we look in quite some detail at all the common elements of sound design using synthesisers. Whether you are brand new to synthesis, or an experienced sound designer, beatmaker or producer, this course will help you to really understand how to construct exactly the sound you are looking for for your mix.
With more than six hours of video split across over fifty lectures, you will find detailed descriptions and demonstrations of
– Synthesiser architecture and how the different elements work together.
– Why the various wave shapes generated by oscillators create a different sound, and how to use them in combination.
– How to use ADSR envelopes to modulate the volume of your sound over time.
– The different types of filters commonly used and how to apply them to create the perfect tone.
– How to add movement and depth to your sounds.
– How to add effects such as chorus, distortion, delay and reverb to make your sounds more interesting.
– Once you have finished these comprehensive sections and gained a deep understanding of exactly how every individual element of a synthesizer affects the sounds we are creating, we will use this knowledge to build several new sounds from scratch, including