Fast, intuitive cutting and editing tools, a highly customizable user interface, creative video effects, filters, and transitions combined with a wide variety of encoding and delivery options turn your PC into a powerful movie making machine.
A seriously creative editing environment
Designed for fast editing and enhanced creativity, VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum empowers your creative process with versatile editing tools and an incredibly powerful feature set. Work in Standard Definition, High Definition, or step up to 4K and your video effects, composites, and text elements will shine with precision.
Customize, arrange, and save workspace layouts to match the task at hand and improve efficiency. The new Quick Start dashboard makes it easy to get started and work productively.
All the creative space you need
With 200 audio and 200 video tracks you’ll never run out of room to satisfy your creativity. Add additional tracks as needed to organize your project, and capitalize on your creativity with powerful compositing tools, the new Picture-in-Picture plug-in, and much more.
VEGAS Movie Studio offers a unique workflow for multicamera production. Switch between four different camera angles, in real time, with a click of your mouse to create compelling multicam productions. Just click one of the camera streams in the Preview window to select the shot you want, as the files play back simultaneously. A blue indicator highlights the current camera angle.
Trimmer window hover scrub
Scrub across the Trimmer window with your mouse to quickly find the perfect frame in your video clip. The video preview adjusts to how fast or slow you scrub so you can easily search through the video and find the perfect place to start and end the clip and select the portion of the media between them. Then, just click and drag the best part of the clip to the timeline for frame-accurate placement and smooth, easy video editing.
Correct or enhance the colors
The Primary Color Corrector plug-in gives you complete control over your video’s shadows, mid tones, and highlights. The easy-to-use three-wheel interface enables you to adjust colors, saturation, and gain. The Secondary Color Corrector lets you zero in on and tweak one particular color while you leave other colors unchanged. Additional color correction filters help turn dull video into beautiful, vibrant images.
Shaky video? No problem
Things might get a little shaky when you mount your camera on your bike, boat, sled, or surfboard to capture those exciting fast-action scenes. But that doesn’t mean your final product has to be shaky. Advanced image stabilization, powered by ProDAD’s industry-leading Mercalli V2 video stabilization technology, turns that shaky performance into smooth-flowing video.
What’s New in Version 17: New Features:
– Color Grading window: Several color-related Video Event FX (including Color Wheels, Color Curves, HSL and many more) are combined in a dedicated screen area that is easily shown or hidden with a toolbar button. To save you a lot of clicks it can stay open to apply the desired color grading to the different events, instead of opening each event’s FX chain and loading the color FX separately.
– Improved Storyboard functionality: You can add the same piece of media to a single Storyboard, and thumbnails reflect the in point of the media that is used in the timeline.
– Improved Video FX, Transitions and Media Generator windows: Effects can be filtered by category and provider, you can search for an effect name and mark favorites to quickly find your favorite effect.
– Black Bar Fill plug-in: Fill the black bars that are created when inserting upright video or images into your movie with a blurred copy of the image.
– Warp Flow transition/Smart Split: The Warp Flow transition automatically fixes jump cuts by synthesizing movement. The Smart Split command cuts out parts of an event and applies the Warp Flow transition to conceal the cut.
– Lens Correction plug-in to compensate distortions from wide-angle lens systems as used in action cams.
– Adjustable Color temperature enhancement to White Balance plug-in.
– Audio synchronization for multicam: Synchronize Multicam footage by analyzing and matching the audio track of the recordings.
– Experimental MKV support.
– 10 bit intermediate format
– NVENC 10-bit HEVC rendering
– Hardware decoding for AVC and HEVC
User Interface improvements:
– You’ll get a warning when you delete a track that has events on it.
– Hi-DPI interface improvements: The High DPI mode is now defaulted to on for Movie Studio Platinum17
– You can display the Event length on the header of timeline events. Find it in the hamburger menu for each event or under the View menu.
– Temporarily ignore event grouping when moving an event: Hold both the left and right mouse buttons as you drag an event to move it independently from other group members.
– There’s a new indicator on an event to show if Media FX have been applied to the media the event holds (find it in the event hamburger menu)
– You will be asked to confirm if you click cancel in a render process.
– New, task specific, default layouts / Dashboard:Easy editing modes for beginners work with a simplified version of the user interface that show only the most important controls for a step-by-step walk-through from adding media to the final movie, everything put together in the Dashboard window. The Guided Video Creator from the Welcome Screen takes you through these steps.
– VEGAS Screen Capture utility: Record video streams from your browser or video game.
– Motion tracking: Track motion in a scene and let other events or text follow the movement.
– Super-smooth slow motion (optical flow and morphing) with the VEGAS Slow Motion plug-in
– You need a 64-bit version of one the following operating systems:
– Windows 8 or Windows 10 (64-bit)
– 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
– 1.5 GB hard-disk space for program installation
– 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
– USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
– 512 MB GPU memory
– Supported NVIDIA, AMD or Intel GPU