TIMPHONIA was recorded in a neutral studio space with close and room microphone placements. This enables the user to be able to place the instrument easily within mixes of different genres and styles. It can be a more intimate instrument or huge and roomy depending on what is required. The TIMPHONIA recordings were performed by New Zealand drum and Timpani maestro Riki Gooch. Riki is New Zealand’s most in demand drummer, producer and all round musical phenomenon.
TIMPHONIA is divided into 3 folders – Regular, Irregular & ShapedNoise Regular:
– The Regular section features standard Timpani hits, flams, ruffs and rolls performed both mallets and sticks.
– There are 13 patches in this folder. Most patches have 5 velocity levels and 8 round robins. There are close and room mic adjustments on all patches as well as Reverb, Envelope and EQ adjustments.
– The Hits are split across the keyboard into left and right hand performance.
– The Rolls feature dynamic crossfade via the mod wheel and release note is adjustable.
– There are also performance rolls, long, medium and short.
– Plus a few patches of extended range instruments that feature octave layering via the mod wheel. These patches enable huge trailer type hits through to tuned bongos.
– Pretty much anything that can be done to Timpani is somewhere within the 20 patches that feature in the Irregular folder. Some of the irregular highlights:
– Cymbal and coin spins, bowed cymbals and rubber ball bounces performed while using the Timpani pitch bend pedal.
– Timpani performances across the 3 Timpani, performed with mallets, sticks and brushes. Both in free time and BPM’d.
– Loops and programmed patterns.
– Timpani shell and body hits with hand, brushes and mallets, both in free time and BPM’d
– Timpani bends, thrumbs and broomstick rubs.
Features: Three folders of all things Timpani: Regular
•11 Kontakt Patches plus 2 Multis
•Timpani Hits, Flams, Ruffs, Rolls played with Mallet and Sticks.
•Natural and extended range. 8 round robins and 5 velocity levels.
•18 Kontakt Patches
•Timpani extended techniques e.g. pedal bends, bowed cymbal on timpani bends, coin spins, broomstick rubs, phrases and loops both natural and BPM’d, shell and body hits, brushes, •rubber ball bounces and programmed patterns.
•21 Kontakt Patches
•A selection of patches created by composer/sound designer Kirke Godfrey. Taking the Timphonia to a whole new world.
-24bit 96k multi samples
-7.1 GB (3.5 GB using new lossless compression)