Haunted strings is a string based instrument that uses various unusual sustained articulations that are to be blended to create haunting and ghostly textures. Perfect for creating eerie harmonic progressions or sound beds. And equally interesting upfront playing a high melody. Haunted strings is really a hybrid in nature, with one slow sustained main articulation with an ensemble of violins, cellos, pitch shifted cellos, and scrubbing textures all mixed together into one string based instrument. There are inbuilt velocities in the higher strings, with an overall volume expression also being controlled with the dynamics.
1.75 gb of samples:
– pure – (no effects or processing) sustained longs across 6 octaves
– tape – (all above samples run through a quirky 30 year old tape machine)
– amped – (as above but run through an amp)
– textural scrubs mixed with random harmonic overtone scrubs across all octaves
– separate tape hiss (high e note)
The full version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher will be required to run this instrument