ABU is a virtual upright bass instrument. ABU has a 4.26 GB sample library which is naturally recorded on every single fret. No destructive editing and dynamic processing are applied. Features 6 articulations: Sustain, Mute, Natural Harmonic, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out. The Legato articulations can be used to achieve legato notes of any duration, speed, pitch and polyphony. Alternate Tuning.
– New sample engine applied to both plugged and unplugged
– ABU is designed from the ground up to be the most versatile bass virtual instrument available today with a new level of expressiveness. ABU not only performs as an extraordinary acoustic instrument by playback partially from mic samples, but also as an electric instrument by playback partially from DI samples, creating a more dynamic and subtle playing experience. Furthermore, users can mix and process Mics and DI separately to get a variety of sound.
– Multiple stereo and mono modes
– ABU uses more mics to record every detail of upright bass from neck, body and ambience and provides 2 stereo modes and 2 mono modes on mix interface. Users can adjust volumes of mics and width to get more options in stereo mode, in which ABU has rich expressiveness even for solo. For mono modes, ABU can play an important role of middle-low end in a band steadily.
– Fretless slide system
– Different from any other product of Ample Sound, ABU’s slide mechanism is designed specifically for fretless instrument which can reproduce the smoothness of fretless legato with any duration, speed, pitch and polyphony.
– New designed EQ
– New designed EQ can process Mic and DI channels separately. By highlighting strong parts while avoiding weak parts, it can further refine sound.
– Tab Player
– Redesigned Tab Player for bass tab. All articulations and notations are supported by the tab player. Realistic Tab playback can be achieved through fine parameter adjustments and humanizations.